At Glenwood Middle School, we are committed to fostering relationships between students, staff and families that empower all members of our community to achieve success.
1. Stay Engaged- Include all voices and actively participate. Practice respectful listening.
2. Take Risks- Strive to reflect and problem-solve. Be willing to “unlearn” something you’ve been taught.
3. Speak Your Truth- Respectfully say what is in your heart. Empower others to do the same. Be open to new ideas and perspectives.
4. Persevere- Embrace the idea that our work is ongoing. Conversations may be unresolved.
5. Honor Confidentiality- Create safe spaces for our discussions so we can develop trust and grow.
6. Embrace Discomfort- Connect with your feelings. Graciously give and receive feedback from others.
(Adapted from Singleton & Lipton, Courageous Conversations About Race, 2006 & Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2020)
MSDE School Report Card
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) School Report Card reflects overall school performance using a combination of academic and school quality indicators.
Glenwood Middle School
Fast facts about Glenwood MS listing special programs, total enrollment, accomplishments and more.
All spore sampling reports are now located on the Indoor Environmental Quality page.
With a focus on instruction as a birth-through-graduation continuum, Community Superintendents better position the school system to support students throughout their entire journey with HCPSS. View community superintendents by regional area.
Community Superintendent Area 2: Jennifer Peduzzi
Howard County public schools are divided into school clusters, which are assigned to individual Board members to facilitate school visitations, attend special events, and provide a point of contact for each school community. View all BOE school cluster assignments.
GMS BOE Representative: Dr. Yun Lu